Home Decor Ideas for Small Homes for Spacious Look
Homedesign21.com – Living in the small home is like a curse. You have limited choices in designing or decorating your home. Instead of feeling refreshed when you are coming home, the small home will just make your mind blow up as you can easily find messy things inside. Home decor ideas for small homes here can save your life as you will see there are still opportunities make your small home clutter-free. Simple but smart tricks can make the small house feel spacious. You can begin with storage and space-saving furniture.
Home Decor Ideas for Small Homes: Smart Storage
Smart storage is the first option of home decor ideas for small homes. You can choose storage media that serve as decorative items at the same time. This way, besides keeping your home clutter-free, you can add the aesthetic touches to the interior design. Smart storage here means storage that will save more spaces while offering optimum storage capacity. Storage facilities with modern and exclusive design will also add beauty to the home interior decor.
Smart storage may come in various forms. Here are some of the ideas:
- You can look at how bookshelves are designed very uniquely under the staircase
- You may also put storage that is attached to the wall or you can call it hanging or floating sheleves.
- Use a large-size shelf as the backdrop or feature wall in the living room. Besides storing many stuffs, the shelves can be used to display your decorative collections.
- Put stuffs that are rarely used and store them in the basement or special storage facility. This will help keep your house clutter-free.
Home Decor Ideas for Small Homes: Space-Saving Furniture
If you look clearly, every professional who is dealing with home decor ideas for small homes will always think space-saving furniture. Such furniture items are perfect options for small house, as they are designed specially to keep their function as furniture while offering some space for storage. The space-saving furniture is the great choice to furnish your home without making the small rooms feel cramped or overwhelmed.
Today, many furniture items are specially designed for this purpose. The following are some smart choices of space-saving furniture items for your small home:
- For small living room, choose a sofa or sofa table with under-drawers. You can use the drawers to keep books, compact discs, video games, and even newspaper out of your sight.
- For small kitchen, you can put a tall cabinet with maximum storage capacity. Put also wall-mounted kitchen set for more storage space. This will minimize the need for mounting cookware on the wall. If you have a breakfast nook set, choose double-function table set with storage space below.
- For small bedroom, choose a bed with storage below. You can keep your private stuffs here.
Actually, the right arrangement is also another key to designing and decorating a small home size. Creativity is the key to home decor ideas for small homes. You just need to display decorative items, while saving the rest out of your sight. Be smart in choosing the right furniture items for your small house. Other home design ideas: Home Decor Ideas Bedroom with Dreamy Interior and Home Decor Ideas on a Budget with DIY Projects.