Monochromatic Kitchen Decor Themes for Small Space. Modern!
Homedesign21.com – Small kitchen needs careful planning when it comes to interior design. Many people believe that they have limited options of kitchen decor themes for small space. On one hand, this may be true since a small kitchen can easily look cramped because of improper design. On the other hand, the home owners actually have many options to make the kitchen look clutter-free. One of the most popular options is monochromatic themes.
Reasons for Monochromatic Kitchen Decor Themes
Monochromatic kitchen decor themes are not necessarily black and white. Instead, they are usually featured with a single basic color with various shades, tones, and tints. If you are smart in choosing the right shades, the monochromatic kitchen will not look bland. Monochromatic themes are still popular among modern homeowners because of several reasons, including:
- They create harmony; the monochromatic color palette allows you to unify any elements inside the kitchen. The monochromatic theme simply creates a relaxing effect while providing airy atmosphere in a small room.
- They accentuate simplicity and elegance; regardless of the color, a single color palette can create a soothing environment in the kitchen. Orange color palette along with its undertone, for instance, can bring energy, while earthy tones bring warmth and comfort in the kitchen.
- They allow for rich patterns and texture; a small kitchen with monochromatic wall paint allows the owner to put elements with rich patterns and textures. For instance, you can put a set of unique dining chairs with different colors if you paint the wall in white or soft grey. Texture and patterns will make the room more lively.
Ideas of Color Schemes for Monochromatic Kitchen Decor Themes
The following are some popular options of color schemes to apply in a monochromatic kitchen decor interior:
- White and black colors can add interest and personality to the kitchen as long as you are smart in choosing the pattern. You may choose a counter or back-splash with black and white zigzag or checkerboard pattern. You can even arrange them in an expected flow, which creates unique touch.
- Grey and white create a cohesive atmosphere in a small kitchen. You can combine grey stainless steel appliances with white porcelain counter-tops and back splash. Do not forget to provide the room with adequate lighting (natural or artificial) to accentuate the airy look.
- Creamy beige; this is the choice for a charming and energetic kitchen atmosphere. Combine beige flooring tiles with granite counter-tops, painted stone back-splash, and high-gloss laminate cabinets. Make sure to seal the natural stone properly to avoid stains.
- All-grey; this can be a great idea to create a soothing environment in the kitchen. For instance, you can have soft grey for flooring, ceiling, and the wall. Put dark grey kitchen cabinet with artificial light in some parts of the cabinets. Stainless steel kitchen appliances will be perfect matches.
- Brown; this earthy tone is a popular option for small space. You can choose cream as the undertone. Choose cream for ceiling, wall, and flooring and darker tone for the kitchen cabinet. You can even maintain the natural hue of the wooden furniture items to create a natural and earthy look in the kitchen.
Those are some popular ideas of color options for monochromatic kitchen decor themes. It is important to note that monochrome is not simply about black and white. Any color palette can go monochromatic. Another decoration you can read: 4 Options for Living Room Decorating Ideas Traditional Style. Best! and European Kitchen Décor Ideas Inspired by the Greek. Best!.